Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Rook at Bedtime

As I was putting Rook down for bed tonight at around 7 o'clock, (which is about an hour early because I wanted some free time), I explained to hime that crying only proved to me that he was tired.

He responded, "Mom you don't know what crying really means then."

"What does it mean Rook?"

"It means that you are being really mean and doing things to make me cry."

"What things, Rookie?"

"Just Mom things."

Then later.... about an hour later.. when he really ended up going to bed, he said this in his prayer.

"Please help me to be really good and go to sleep really fast so I don't have to go to school tomorrow...... and please help the baby not to get hurt.... please help us have another new baby...and help him not to get hurt." He says his prayers with such a dramatic pleading, I will try to get a video clip of it soon. By the way, why does he want another baby and why does he assume it will be a boy?

Since I am talking about Rook, I decided to add two pictures. One of him at Jed's Food Fight Birthday Party, (I will add more about that later), and a picture he drew of his HEND (pronounced "hand".)


1 comment:

Courtney said...

If it makes you feel any better I do lots of those "mom things" too. I can't tell you how many times I've been told I broke someone's heart.

I'll be watching to see if Rook's pleading is more powerful than modern science. If it is, of course it'll be a boy!